York Brewery joined the league in time for the Winter 2014 season. Managed by Hannah, the Brewery tap room is a little-known haven just off the main Micklegate drag, supplying York Brewery beer at very reasonable prices to Brewery members, as well as to curious tourists enjoying the daily Brewery tours.
The core range of beers on offer are:
- Guzzler, a golden, fruity session beer; 3.6%
- Terrier, a traditional bitter brewed with English hops; 4.2%
- Centurion’s Ghost, a strong, dark bitter/sweet beer; 5.4%
- Otherside IPA, a pale ale brewed with four New Zealand hops; 4.5%
- Blonde, a very pale beer brewed with American Citra hops; 3.9%
The permanent beers are supplemented by special and seasonal ones; more information is on the website.
The bar billiards table in the tap room, built by local craftsman Graham Durant, with it’s striking black surface is one of the newest tables in the country.If you would like to get involved with the team, please ask behind the bar or call 01904 550907 and you will be put in touch with current team captain, Ian Cameron.